Toulon / Tourism : the higher class
Certified as a "tourist municipality" for three years, Toulon City has joined the big league by reaching the rank of "resort classified for tourism". A title which crowns "a strong commitment to excellence".
Ranking first in 2011 was already no coincidence. Indeed, the concerned municipalities have to meet specific criteria and satisfy an exhaustive list of conditions regarding their accommodation capacity, their Tourist Office and the cultural activities offered to the visitors during the summer period. Needless to say that the procedure for reaching the highest step on the podium is even more selective.
A model of demands.
In addition to the already existing criteria one must add for example the data regarding transport and accessibility (files on which Toulon keeps progressing), the management of the natural heritage, the presence of convenience stores and adapted structures of care or the quality of the services offered by the Tourist Office (at this level, it is impossible to do better since it is classified "Quality tourism" and certified "Tourism and handicap").
All the aspects of the welcome
The evaluation, which can also concern the physical and sports activities (and it is a good thing our city has thousands of sports enthusiasts and the necessary equipment) or waste processing operations (issue where the implemented actions are successful), affects almost all the aspects of our daily lives.
An additional guarantee for greeting all the tourists in the best way possible, as the official texts stipulate it.
And as a result, an excellent quality of life is guaranteed to the whole population.
- 500 French municipalities benefit from the label "resort classified for tourism",
- The attribution mail was sent to Mr. Hubert Falco, the Mayor of Toulon City by Mrs. Carole Delga, Secretary of State,
- Besides the award criteria mentioned above, we can still mention the implementation of environmental actions, the preservation of the sites and monuments or the existence of a Local Urban Planning Scheme,
- The Tourist office alone is worth mentioning: ideas of discoveries for everyone, the speaking of foreign languages, ideas of original visits, information intended for handicaped people,etc.
- Visit the Tourist Office website: www.toulontourisme.com
On the last Friday of November, the city put on its winter clothes. A magical moment which will repeat itself every evening, until early January.
Nested between the green Mount Faron and the clear Le Mourillon waters, Toulon offers its attractions to tourists and local summer vacationers.
An unprecedented event in Toulon's habor, on February 19th the America's Cup was the subject of a press conference gathering actors, orga
Considered as stubborn, figures are an invaluable information source.
As part of Toulon's of urban renovation project and further to the requalification of Ilot Baudin neighborhood, Portalis residence has welcome